Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Elephant Girl


A half-Japanese woman returns to Tokyo after a twenty-year absence to face ghosts from her past, and meets odd characters who end up changing her life.

[My friend and novelist Aki Gibbons has a hidden treasure in this novel. She captivated me with the first 35 pages of her novel's first draft two months ago while it was a work in progress. Now she's taking her finished manuscript to Tokyo to baptize it. Like Hemingway said, sometimes in another place, another country you write better about a place you know very well of.]

http://www.tokyonoyume.com/2009/08/elephant-girl.html

[Image from dekku.nofatclips.com]

1 comment:

  1. Khanh, thank you so much for your generous words. I'm so thrilled!

    You've helped me in many ways to get this far. Now, to tackle the grueling revision process. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete